Weather

7-Day Forecast for Scenic Hot Springs Area (2,900 ft near beginning of Trail Head)

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sheriff Deputy Called to the Springs

I've been informed that Deputy Harrington (based in Skykomish) had to go through the effort of hiking all the way up to the hot springs this weekend to kick two drunk trespassers out of the pool and off the property. It is unknown whether charges will be pressed or whether this action, started by unknowns, will have an effect of development plans. I gave Mike a spare key to the gate to give the Deputy Harrington so that he can drive onto the property the next time instead of hiking in.

The pattern has started again. If I catch anyone on the hot springs property that does not belong there I will turn you around . . . no matter how far in you've already hiked. There are enough signs posting this property as Private and no trespassing. Stay out! Keep your dogs out . . . keep your partying attitude out . . . keep the booze out. You will be reported! Period!

Rick

2 comments:

  1. I applaud everything you and the Friends of Scenic are doing. I used to visit Scenic quite often starting in 2000 till I was transfered out of Washington. My first couple of visits, I noticed trash and would carry out what I could in the bags that were there. After that I started bring a bag with me and filling that up on my trips down the mountain. Such a shame a beautiful place such as that needs to be guarded.
    I hope one day to return to WA and would relish the opportunity to be a part of your conservation efforts up there. Take care and thanks for your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:04 PM

    GROW UP GET THIS HOT SPRING OPEN RICK YOU AN ASS HOLE THAT IS FLAT OUT BLASNK YOU NEED TO GROW AN ACT LIKE A MAN NOT A BABY THE HOT NEED TO BE OPEN AN THAT IS IT FUCK ALL THIS SHIT WITH THE FOOLIN AROUCND

    ReplyDelete