Weather

7-Day Forecast for Scenic Hot Springs Area (2,900 ft near beginning of Trail Head)

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend and the Springs

The Memorial Day Weekend has always been a difficult time for the hot springs so this year, as with last year, we are going to enforce the NO TRESPASSING rules at the springs.

Starting Friday afternoon, a representative of Scenic Hot Springs will be present on the property (including overnight) and TURN BACK those who attempt to visit the springs. Anyone who doesn't cooperate will be referred to the King County Sheriff's Department. There will not be a repeat of the vandalism and trashing of previous holiday weekends. Stay away!!!

On Saturday a private hot springs clean-up party is taking place. This event is already filled to reasonable capacity. If you are not on the list for this particular event, please stay away.


For those that have asked, a regular clean up party is being planned for possibly the following weekend after Memorial Day. Activities planned are cleaning of culverts and shoring up the intake basins, re-setting the water bars on the trail and other general erosion control measures. I will contact everyone on the volunteer list early next week with the details.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rick, I (and a couple other people) would like to get on the volunteer list. If you could send me an email, I'd really appreciate it.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick,
    I would like to join the volunteer list. I have always wanted to visit these hot springs since I was a child. I would love to volunteer my time in exchange for an afternoon of soaking in the tubs. Very excited to hear from you...

    Thanks,

    Elgin

    ReplyDelete