Weather

7-Day Forecast for Scenic Hot Springs Area (2,900 ft near beginning of Trail Head)

Friday, September 07, 2007

Impromptu Clean Up Party Sept 9th, 2007

An impromptu cleanup party is being held at Scenic this coming Saturday (Sep 8th, 2007). This is short notice. What we will be doing is moving some of the trash from the upper levels further lower on the trail to where it can be more easily picked up during later cleanups. As a result of the winter and springs weather much of the garbage pile of odd construction materials got scattered and is become a mess. Uninvited visitors have also been adding their garbage to the pile.

Volunteers may arrive at any time in the morning and hopefully we will get enough to form a bucket-brigade arrangement to move material. I will arrive around 10am to unlock the gate (Matt? Bob? If you're coming maybe you can open the gate early?)

Standard safety stuff:
  • Sturdy work boots
  • Gloves (I have a case of work gloves if needed)
  • Water

Do not forget to sign in with me if you want credit.

Of course, credit for participation and a soak afterward.

7 comments:

  1. Hi! I hiked up several years ago. The hike was fantastic and the soak was even better. I thought about hiking up this weekend so was trying to remember where it was located. I found your blog. I'd love to help with the clean up. How can I sign up? If allowed, to help, I cant remember exactly how to get to the springs.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stickbuoy: sent me your email address and contact info and I'll add you to the mailing list for the next cleanup event.

    Rick
    bangedupshins@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and I used to hike up to Scenic quite a bit before the devistation. I was sad to see the devistation but am glad to hear the current owner is willing to work with the friends of scenic to bring it back to a place where people can hang out and recharge naturally. I would love to help out but with twins on the way and a toddler currently here it is not practical to come up and help out. In the past I was able to donate money to the cause, is this still possible? If so where can donations be sent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. adam nest ajnest@hotmail.com9:38 PM

    I just came across your blog today. I am a transplant from Idaho and a huge fan of hot springs. How do I sign up to help for the next clean-up party?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did the clean-up go?

    Any more clean-up's planned this fall?

    good luck.

    tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Hello I am interested in the cleaning also i would like to help restore and clean up around the area please contact me. avalanch07@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:41 AM

    Any interest in setting up a Goldmeyer type situation? Might be cool to have a little caretaker cabin for folks taht want to spend some time "off the grid".

    ReplyDelete