Weather

7-Day Forecast for Scenic Hot Springs Area (2,900 ft near beginning of Trail Head)

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Is this your vehicle?

Three vehicles parked before the gate to Scenic last Saturday just before nightfall. I was checking the Scenic mail in Skykomish and hopped up the road just to see for myself if anyone was being so brash as to be heading up to the springs for a nighttime soak.

The Volvo was there when I arrived



The other two cars arrived while I was
checking out things beyond the gate



... and people heading up to the springs as the sun sets


It's interesting that despite the number of times I've posted about night soaking and permission, and the number of times the owner has reiterated his position on being at the springs after the sun goes down, that people still head on up there. Even with my car in plain view under the powerlines you'd think someone would think twice that maybe someone with access is up there and maybe they shouldn't go up . . . yet they do.

Being on a tight schedule myself, I didn't have the time to go up there and admonish them. I spent some time looking over the condition of the gate and possible fixes . . . and waiting to see if anyone came down. No one did before darkness fell and I had to get back to Seattle.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rick, man am I sorry to hear about that. One would hope that the hot springing slice of the population would have more respect.

    Best,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to the Hot Springing community. The springs have been known to me for quite some time but I have never been.

    I am interested in gaining access to the springs but I couldn't find a number to call or an email to send a message to.

    Sorry to hear that peopel are leaving trash in their wake. I would make it a point to carry out more trash than I brought in...

    pelase contact me moye.christopher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attn: Rick

    Sorry to hear about tresspassers. I am also curious about how to attain permission to access the hotsprings. Please contact me at: hirshey@msn.com

    Thank you for your time,
    -Kari

    ReplyDelete