Weather

7-Day Forecast for Scenic Hot Springs Area (2,900 ft near beginning of Trail Head)

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Calendar Updates . . . .

By now many of you will have noticed the lack of updates to the reservation calendar in the sidebar.  For that, I apologize for you see, I'm back in the hospital undergoing another series of chemo and possibly radiation.  However, I have tolerated the first new round okay and the doctors are very optimistic . . . so I expect and plan of getting back in shape soon and helping to take care of the hot springs.  Now that the initial syndrome that got me back into the hospital is reduced and future chemo is out-patient I will be trying very hard to keep this blog and the calendar up to date.

Rick

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:45 PM

    Rick,
    Get well first and foremost, the waters of Scenic will continue to flow until you are better. What I learned from my time up there is the torch will pass on to others when the ones that have cared for it no longer can, for whatever reason. Even though everyday I wish I could help, my personal health issues will not let me, but I think of the springs everyday as I know you do.
    Get well my friend.

    Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 PM

    Thanks for the update. Your absence has been a little unsettling, so it's nice to hear that things are pointed in the right direction. I hope your progress drops a few jaws among the doctors, but hey, whatever it takes. jimmymac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Sorry to hear of this. Get well soon, Rick.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the road open from Skykomish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Hey Rick, I hope you're doing better since your March 11 note. I know firsthand how bad the effects of chemo can be, and I heard radiation is no better. I hope you're done with that treatment and feeling better. We need you back on the trails and at Scenic.

    Take care,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:14 AM

    As one to have carried concede in shopping bags for the building of the Olympic ..and burnt my manly bids in the lobster pot after hiking up in 4'of snow ..i know the magic and its soul .. i know it makes all right ..for your time at scenic .. i hope it workshop u too ..a soak And free soul is the cure to anything

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:37 AM

    Rick --
    If you'd like hospital visitors, just let some of us know with details of when and where, OK?

    Rob (rrm923@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. God`s Speed healing. Thank you for contributing to one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Some of my fondest memories are at the springs. Please look into the Gearson technique for cancer relief. Many blessings, Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rick is there anything we can do to support you?

    ReplyDelete