Weather

7-Day Forecast for Scenic Hot Springs Area (2,900 ft near beginning of Trail Head)

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Thank you for the Good Thoughts

My return journey into that 'wonderful' world of chemotherapy (and later, radiation) is underway again.  This is a secondary cancer . . . aggressive and fast-moving.  I feel that I am at the top of the ski slope looking down and that slope gets slippery and treacherous very quickly.  But down it I must go.

I have the desire . . . but I wish I had the energy ... to get back up to Scenic and soak in the soothing, healing pools of the springs.  Scenic is so special ...

However, Scenic is for good thoughts.  If God, wishes, I will make it up to Scenic sometime soon.

Rick

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Rick- We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you recover quickly and be able to be back at the springs soon.

    Nicole H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:16 PM

    Rick - sending good thoughts your direction. Here's to your recovery and return to Scenic.
    All the best, Ron N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:40 AM

    You're an exceptional person and I expect you will negotiate those slipperly slopes to an exceptional outcome. Even it you can't manage the hike right now, we will still see you up there - every time we look from the heart. jimmymac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Rick -- I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through chemo and radiation again. I, too, am thinking of you and sending good thoughts and wishes for a quick recovery. You're strong and can beat this -- and you have a lot of people pulling for you. Always remember that. You'll be getting a good soak up at Scenic again, my friend, hopefully soon.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn, I looking forward to soaking with you as soon as spring run-off ends, and sharing a laugh. Do you remember trying to tell Mike that you didnt see me soaking at the springs? lol, I have more on that. Get well soon my friend.
    Bob Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sushi Bob! Dang, I thought you'd been teleported straight off the planet, haven't seen you in so long.

    Hey, I plan on getting up to Scenic in some fashion or another so look for me unless I'm in my Invisible Nude Hiker form. Nice to see you are still around, Bob.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Rick, its been a long time since I have been that way, but I just dropped in to the blog today and read your news. Heal well and fast! I am sending you the best possible thoughts and prayers!

    Peace,

    Adam

    ReplyDelete