For those of you not familiar with Scenic Hot Springs, here is a link to a very well done video filmed by some of our guests.
Scenic Hot Springs Property Manager
About Scenic Hot Springs
Scenic Hot Springs is located on forty acres of private property in-holding, bounded on all four sides by National Forest near Stevens Pass. This private property has been dedicated to remain in as pristine a state as possible while still providing an opportunity for people to enjoy the unique relaxing and therapeutic experience of soaking in natural hot springs.
Scenic Hot Springs is nudity-friendly, as is typical of wilderness-situated rustic hot springs. You may wear as much or as little clothing for your comfort as you wish within the property (including the trails and springs area). However, lewd activity (or any activity that discomforts others) will not be tolerated and will result in your expulsion from the property without recourse.
Scenic Hot Springs request for permission to visit.
We have an availability calendar in the right-hand side bar of our website. Our maximum number of permitted daily guests is 10 people. Groups of 8 or more we require an exclusive access reservation to be made in order to visit.
Forward us a copy of your transaction receipt from PayPal when completed. When all this is verified we will email you permission to access the property.
Step One: READ THE CONDITIONS OF ACCESS FOLLOWING THIS SECTION BEFORE ASKING IF IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT. Supply the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of Responsible Party: ______________________________
Desired Date & Time of Visit: ___________________
Include a statement saying that you and all the members of your group have read and will abide by the Conditions of Access while visiting Scenic Hot Springs.
Step Two: Give back. If the date you requested is available, make a contribution via the PayPal button on the Scenic website at http://scenichotsprings.
A contribution ($10 a person per day) of $___________ ,
Supply the make, color and license number of the vehicle you plan on using:
Step Three: We will email you permission good for only the day you request.
In the event you decide to reschedule your reservation, we require a minimum of 24 hours advance notice prior the date of your scheduled visit. Contributions are non-refundable.
By going through the above steps you acknowledge that you have read the Conditions of Access below and that you and all members of your party agree to accept them. You also acknowledge that you are 18 or older.
Conditions of Access
Scenic Hot Springs is PRIVATELY OWNED PROPERTY and you must agree to abide by the owner’s wishes, terms, and conditions, prior to being granted conditional access. Submitting an application for a reservation constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
1) You acknowledge the rugged nature of the terrain you wish to visit and the nature of soaking in natural hot springs. You understand that the hot springs are not chlorinated and that sanitary conditions can not be guaranteed in such a primitive location. You will be appropriately prepared for changing and unpredictable weather conditions as well as steep, rough terrain. You assume for yourself and your guests, any and all risks, implicit and explicit, while on the property known as Scenic Hot Springs. Your guests, by accompanying you, acknowledge and accept these risks and likewise release the owner and stewards from any and all liability.
2) Minors under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a legally-responsible adult guardian. Parents or guardians are responsible to control the behavior of their children.
3) No children under the age of six (6). Young children do not have a fully developed thermoregulatory system, making soaking in the hot temperatures of the hot springs a potential danger of hyperthermia or heat stroke with few warning signs.
4) The pools are for soaking. Do not horseplay, wrestle, or dive in the pools! Keep your head above water to avoid inadvertently inhaling water and the algae present in all natural hot springs.
5) Do not soak in the pools if you have open sores, an infectious skin condition, or suffer from intestinal distress. These pools are communal and you have a responsibility to fellow soakers. Make restroom breaks before entering pools. Rinse yourself off before entering pools.
6) No Nighttime Soaking: Myself, and my guests will be OFF THE SITE before sunset. For our purposes, sunset is defined as the moment the sun dips below the mountain ridgelines as seen from the springs. Give yourself adequate time to be off the property before darkness descends abruptly in the deep canopy of the trail.
7) No Fires or Campfires: I understand that this is a fire restricted area.
8) No Dogs or other pets, No Camping, No Firearms, No Glass Containers, No exceptions.
9) Alcohol in moderation (preferably none). If your alcohol comes packaged in a glass bottle, transfer it to a shatter proof container.
10) Respect the site by soaking quietly and respectfully of other soakers who may be up there.
Stay on the trails and take all litter out with you, leaving the site clean. Clothing optional is the norm and you should expect that you will experience nudity in the pools and often on the trail up. Lewd behavior, however, is not tolerated.
Winter Conditions (Additional Requirements)
During winter conditions the owner and the stewards of Scenic Hot Springs reserve the right to close access to the property when conditions, in our sole judgment, are too dangerous. Anyone who has a Scenic Hot Springs reservation during winter conditions is required to check the Scenic Blog just prior to heading out for closures. In the event of a closure, any guests who have reservations for that date will be given an opportunity to reschedule for a future visit.
During winter cold weather conditions, visitors are expected to carry sufficient clothing and survival supplies in the event you are stranded by deep snowfall or a sudden change in weather.
1) Practice layering of your clothing. Do not wear cotton as cotton, wet, saps body heat. Wear a hat and gloves, as needed.
2) Carry three days worth of food. Keep yourself hydrated.
3) Carry at least three different ways of lighting a fire in an emergency.
4) Carry your cell phone. Cell phones often work at the hot springs site.
5) Snow can get very deep at Scenic during the height of winter, making snowshoes an essential.
Scenic also has steep slopes that may present snow-slide hazards in addition to severe icing of the trail. Spikes and/or crampons may be necessary.
Large Bookings & Exclusive Access
A request for access does not grant your party exclusive use of the springs. Your request simply allows you access during the daylight hours of the day you want to reserve. On busy days, such as weekends, you may be sharing the hot spring pools with other groups. To reserve individual time-slices for reservations is unworkable and limits enjoyment of the springs.
However, on occasion we will allow a large group to have Exclusive Access to the springs if there are not already existing requests or reservations. We generally do this for cultural, social and fraternal groups. If you would like to reserve Exclusive Access to the springs for your group, contact the stewards directly with the following considerations:
1. The contribution for an Exclusive reservation is $150. We will not make or accept any other reservations for that date.
2. Consider how you will make parking arrangements as we cannot allow unsupervised vehicle access beyond the gate. It is suggested that your group take full advantage of car-pooling.
3. We will supply you with Hot Springs Closure signs to post at the gate to deter casual trespassers but we cannot guarantee that trespassers will not try to crash your party. You will however have your confirmation email to show to trespassers and urge them to leave.
4. If there is time, one of the stewards will siphon and flush the pools in advance of your visit; and also post signs.
During the pre-permit phase, Scenic Hot Springs is not a commercial, for-profit venture. The cost of ongoing maintenance, clean-up, and county-mandated control of access is partially offset by donations by those who request and would like to visit that keep the site available, controlled, and maintained. The majority of the funds used to manage and maintain the property comes out of the pockets of the stewards.
Your request will be determined primarily on your attitude, on acceptance of the Conditions of Access, on the number of pending requests, and our ability to maintain reasonable conditions (and conditions depend highly on contributions). If we, as stewards, are unable to control access or the conditions of the site due to inadequate contributions, then we must restrict access severely......we are, after all, not required to grant access to anyone. Your donations keep Scenic open.